distillery was first founded in 1821 on the
outskirts of Thurso by William Smith. The distillery was named
after the nearby water source for the distillery.
was 28,056 gallons of pure spirit which equates to around
125,000 litres and as such it was the largest distillery in
Caithness at that time.
Wolfburn remained in the Smith family for the rest of its
existence, but the exact date of its closure isn't known, other
than it was sometime around or just after the 1850's.